Cannes, 18 October 2018 – A packed MIPCOM 2018 with 13,800 delegates, including over 4,800 buyers from 110+ countries were in Cannes this past week exploring and signing content & technology deals that reflected significant developments within the industry.
The event saw the TV industry rise to new heights at Cannes highlighting major projects in the form of international and A-list talent productions in the dynamic global market. T&B Media Global joined the event and brought its animated TV Series “Tasty Tales of the Food Truckers” (11min x 52ep) to the worldwide event, together with Boat Rocker Media, an award-winning content producer and distributor based in Canada
In line with MIPCOM’s central theme of The Big Shift, those developments included:
- MIPCOM 2018 Country of Honour, China, clearly indicated its new strategic ambitions to export more programming to the worldwide market and to enter into co-productions with international partners. Multiple deals involving Chinese companies took place at Cannes.
- High-end drama series, from international sources such as Channel One Russia’s ‘Trigger,’ continue to attract the major SVOD players and TV broadcasters alike. Talent was out in force to support the new drama series with creators such as showrunner Alex Pina and Esther Martinez Lobato now considered stars in their own right.
- Personality of the Year, Issa Rae inspired MIPCOM delegates, sharing her passion, commitment and encouragement to foster opportunities for up and coming content creators.
- Momentum continues to grow for the entertainment industry to truly embrace diversity and equality in front of, and behind, the camera.
- Powerful online companies are talking cooperation with traditional broadcasters while the latter develop their own SVOD strategies.